|Introduction||Visit the demo events page|
|Events settings||User navigation – General settings|
|Linked events settings|
The GeoDirectory Events Addon is a custom post type specifically designed for the way events usually are prioritized by dates.
With this plugin you can let users add their events to your site. Events are ordered by upcoming date by default. Users can enter recurring dates for their events instead of having to create lots of separate events. As this is also a custom post type you have the usual ability to add custom fields and sort options.
Events perfectly integrates with all other GeoDirectory addons:
- Create specific price packages with the Prices and Payments Addon.
- Customize the event search with the Advanced Search Filter Addon.
- Import FaceBook events using the Social Importer Addon.
After uploading and activating the Addon, you will be taken to the Settings page:
WordPress Admin > GeoDirectory > Event Settings.
Once activated, you will need to visit the Navigation page to enable your users to add their events to your site:
WordPress Admin > GeoDirectory > Design > Navigation
All other settings are accessed at WordPress Admin > GeoDirectory > Event Settings
Default event filter
- Your visitors can filter the events to show only upcoming events (today + future), today’s events (today only), past events (yesterday and before), or all events together.
- The Default event filter settings will set the initial choose on the events page.
Disable Recurring Feature
- When your users add an event, they will be able to add
- A one-off event, either a full day event, or start and finish can be nominated.
- Recurring events: dayly, weekly, monthly, yearly or custom (pick all applicable dates), either as full day events, or start and finish can be nominated.
- The Disable Recurring Feature setting will restrict event submissions to one-off events only.
- Just like with any other GeoDirectory custom post type you can add custom fields to your events.
- Visit this page to learn more about custom fields.
- When your visitors visit your events page, they will be presented with a drop down menu that allows them to filter the events.
- You can change how they can filter the events by organizing the sorting options in this tab.
- Visit this page to learn more about sorting options.
- When you activate the Events addon, a new option will be added for the detail page.
- To change these settings, in your admin area, go to GeoDirectory > Design > Detail > Linked events settings.
- The settings there should be self-explanatory.