Sometimes your users add locations to your database using different spelling than a location already in your database (for example LasVegas, Texas, US instead of Las Vegas, Texas, United States).
Your GD database will treat this as two different locations.
There is a tool to merge these two locations.
- Go to your admin area, and navigate to the Manage Locations tab in Multilocations.
- Select the locations you want to merge.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Merge.
- On the next page, select the correct location you want to keep, and then click Set Primary.
- That will re-assign the correct location to all your listings in any of the locations you merged.
Do not delete a location because that will also delete any listings in that location!!
You can also use the above process to correct any of your locations: just add the correct location first and then merge with any incorrect locations.