The best reason to make your site secure is to protect your site visitors; SSL certificates protect the connection between your site and your site visitors. Here are some other reasons:
- GeoLocation features require a secure connection.
- Accepting Payments? Most gateways like Stripe require that any page hosting a live checkout form be SSL.
- Sites without secure connections trigger warnings in some browsers. These warnings can turn your visitors away.
- It’s relatively easy to do.
- There are lots of pricing options.
Find out more about SSL certificates from Google at this link.
Are you getting “mixed content” errors in the console? See this FAQ.