Genesis is one of the most popular and most widely used frameworks used as a parent theme to build WordPress powered websites. The Geo Travel – Genesis Child Theme is a mobile responsive and HTML5 theme especially developed to optimize GD with Genesis.
- Get Genesis and install as theme, but do not activate.
- Download the Geo Travel – Genesis Child Theme from your download area.
- Upload the Geo Travel – Genesis Child Theme and activate it.
- You will need to enter your license so you are notified if the child theme needs updating:
The Geo Travel – Genesis Child Theme uses the following widget areas:
- The blue sections will show on all your site’s pages.
- The yellow sections are only for the home page. To see the Home page sections you must have a different pages for WordPress Front Page and GD Home Page. If they are the same page, only the GD template will be shown.
Logo Header Right widget area Menu section Home Featured Right widget area Home Featured Left widget area Home Top widget area Home Middle widget area Home Bottom widget area Footer 1 widget area Footer 2 widget area Footer 3 widget area Copyright text Disclaimer widget area
- A Secondary and Primary Sidebar widget area used on all WP pages and posts, depending on the Genesis layout selected at Genesis > Theme Settings > Select Default Layout.
- An After Entry widget area that is used after the content of a WP post on the WP post pages.
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Home Background and upload the background image for the homepage:
- Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Add a text widget to the Home Featured Left widget area and add your custom text.
- Add the GD Search widget to the Home Featured Right widget area.