On this page:
- When you activate GD on your site, GD will create some extra pages. These are listed below.
- In the Pages section of your WP admin dashboard, you can change the title and the slug of the page. Nothing else can be changed there. Also, do not move the pages under a parent!
- Generally, the public directory pages can be modified by firstly selecting which sections you want to use, and then by adding widgets to those sections.
- GD Home page – for all locations
- GD Listings page – for all Custom Post Types, categories and sub-categories
- GD Search
- GD Detail – for each individual listing
- GD Author page – where the user can find links to edit their listings etc
Directory management pages:
- Add Listing – to add all types of listings
- Listing Preview – to check submission before paying and/or publishing
- GD Checkout – used with Payments Manager only
- Listing Success – shown on completion of the submission process
- GD Info
- Manage Invoices – page where your users can review their payments
Other GD pages:
- Below is a standard layout of a WordPress site, using the GeoDirectory plugin.
- All the GD directory pages are based on this layout.
- The default Design settings only use the GD Right Section and not the GD Left Section, because that is the most common layout.
- Also, the GD Bottom Section is not enabled by default, although this section allows you to add content to the bottom of your GD pages you maybe do not want in the footer section of your non-GD pages.
- You can adjust the settings for these by going to WP Admin > GeoDirectory > Design and this article details the settings.
Part of your theme: logo, header menu etc
|GD Top section
Use GD widgets here like map, popular categories etc
|GD Left section
Used for sidebar widgets
|GD Content section
This content will vary depending on whether this is your GD home page, GD Listings page, GD Detail page or GD Search page
|GD Right section
Used for sidebar widgets
|GD Bottom section|
Part of your theme: footer menus, copyright text etc
- This page is the home page for each of the locations in your GD installation (including countries, regions and cities).
- Normally, you’d want the map in the top section, as you see at the GD demo.
- Without the Location Manager addon, you will only have one location.
- yoursite.com/location will show all listings
- yoursite.com/location/belgium will show all listings in Belgium
- yoursite.com/location/united-kingdon/greater-london will show all listings in Greater London
- yoursite.com/location/italy/lombardia/milano will show all listings in Milan
- This is the template that will display a list of all listings in a particular category or custom post type, and will show different listings depending on location and category requested.
- yoursite.com/attractions will show all listed attractions
- yoursite.com/hotels/finland will show all listed hotels in Finland
- You guessed it, this is the page displaying the result of a GD search.
- The detail template is used to display all the detail of each of your listings.
- It will display all the information one of your users has submitted about their place, business, organisation or event etc.
- This is the page displaying content specific to your users when they are logged in; it is your users’ dashboard.
- It will list their favorite listings and/or events, and the listings they have submitted themselves.
- This page is only available to registered users.
- Different Add Listing pages will be created for each Custom Post Type.
- You can also create this page with shortcodes.
- Once a user has entered all data, this page allows for a review, and for changes to be made if required.
- If charging a fee for submissions using the Payments Manager, the user will be taken to this page once they reviewed their submitted data.
- For free listings, this page gets by-passed.
- This is the last page in the free submission process, and provides a link to the newly created listing.
- This page is used to display messages like payment received etc.
- For paid listings, it will display payment received details etc, and provide a link to the newly created listing.
- This page lists all invoices of a user if you are using the Payments Manager.
- This page uses the GD Author right sidebar.
- This page will be used if you want your GD directory on the home page of your website.
- More info
- This is used for both registration and login in a default setup.
- If using the Buddypress registration, it will only be used for login.