We are glad to announce that we finally released GeoDirectory V2 on the WordPress.org plugins repository.
We released the Directory Starter Theme and The Supreme Directory Child Theme for V2 and all premium add-ons.
Because it took us a lot longer than anticipated, we would like to extend a big thank you to all of our members.
You have been very patience with us, so we hope it was worth it.
Every line of code of GeoDirectory is new.
We did that while providing support and updating V1 for our current customer.
The list of new or those improved features is very long.
This are just the highlights:
- GeoDirectory V2 is 100% compatible with Gutenberg and the most popular Page Builders
- Design Plugins templates with Shortcodes, Gutenberg blocks or Page builders.
- Reordered the tabs of the detail page via dedicated back-end UI
- Add new tabs easily via back-end UI
- Developers can still design templates via php files in their themes.
- An extended Business Hours system for listing is now included
- All new Badges system. Use each custom field to create a badge using conditions. Featured, Verified, Number of beds or New Listing, you name it.
- Ninja Forms Integration. Create and show as many forms as you wish
- New Custom Fields
- New sorting options
We didn’t stop there. We have rewritten all premium add-ons too and added at least 1 major new feature in all of them, like for example:
- a New Location Switcher for the location manager and made it a lot more user friendly.
- We improved the way to link Events to other Custom Post Types. We also made it possible for any GeoDirectory custom post type to become an Event post type.
- For the Custom Post Type add-on we also improved linking between custom post type. Now possibilities are endless
- We fully integrated Font Awesome with the MultiRatings add-on, you can use any of the icons as rating icon.
- The new Social Importer can import from Trip Advisor too
- Smart Autocompleters are the major improvement of the Advance Search Add-on
- Claim Listing manager is now integrated with Ninja Forms. Easily customize the claim form.
- The pricing manager now supports WooCommerce as payment system as alternative to our lightweight Invoicing PLugin
These are just few example of what’s new for GeoDirectory V2. You can find all news tagged for GeoDirectory V2 here.
Easier for Theme Developers
One of the main reason we built V2, was to make it easier to build themes for it.
We want Theme developers to create Directory themes for WordPress powered by GeoDirectory.
In almost 5 years, 3rd party developers designed only a couple of themes for GeoDirectory V1.
Today we are glad to announce the 1st theme for GeoDirectory V2. It will be available very soon.
Say hello to Listimia
Listimia is a sleek looking WordPress Theme that already existed as a PHPmydirectory theme.
Because the PHPmydirectory project appears to be dead without an update in over 2 years and support topic unanswered since 5 months.
Rachid, the man behind addictedtoweb.com decided to convert it into a theme for WordPress powered by GeoDirectory.
We sincerely hope everyone will enjoy GeoDirectory v2.
You should subscribe to our blog because soon we will have more news.