1.5 Million Record GeoDirectory!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stiofan O’Connor 6 years, 9 months ago.

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket

Tagged: 

• Author

Tim Ventura
    Expired Member

Need help – we are creating a 1.5 MILLION record Geodirectory containing business information about real estate agents. It’s online at https://ethicalrealestatepro.com/

This is really slow on our server! We’re on a 16-core XEON 2.2 ghz server, with a full SSD hard drive and 64 gigs of RAM. It’s a BIG machine, and I’ve already allocated 1 gigabyte of RAM in PHP and the WP-Config file for our Geodirectory site.

The admin section of the site runs full speed, so the issue seems to be having to sort through all of the places when the front page is loaded. Any tips on speeding this up?

I’ve allocated more RAM to MySQL than a standard build, and I may bump that up further later today. However, are there any features that I can turn off to make this load faster? Any way to make it load partial data instead of the full-set when it’s pulling posts?

I’ve already done the easy stuff, including making the map run on the server side instead of the client side (which would be absolutely insane :o)

Ideas welcome! Help!

Paolo
    Site Admin

Hi,

Is it strictly necessary to have the home map that loads all 1.5 million listings? That would definitely make things faster in the home page.

I flagged this for Stiofan, I’m sure he has many more suggestions to provide…

Thanks

Tim Ventura
    Expired Member

Nope! We don’t even NEED the map on the home page, but I left it because the site takes so long to even start loading the page that the map is kind of an afterthought. Will removing that map make the individual pages load faster? Is there anything else we can do to speed this thing up even further?

Stiofan O’Connor
    Site Admin
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket