Forum Replies Created
Hi Guust, sorry that’s not an option. These categories don’t exist anywhere else. That’s the whole point. Here’s what’s happening:
1. I open an existing category to add a keyword, example Accommodtion I add the keyword accommodation. I scroll down to save the category, now suddenly the slug has a -1. It just doesn’t make any sense. These categories have been ok for over a year. Now I just start to add some SEO and suddenly 30% of these categories show up with a -1 when I click on save. I stopped after the first 2 categories and subcategories as it is messing up all our custom links.
Okay, I just noticed that in some cases, when I add a keyword with Rank Math to a category, it adds a -1 to the slug. I will contact them to see why this is happening.
I really don’t understand what is happening. Now I have more categories with a -1 in the slug and have absolutely not added anything in the past few weeks to the site as it was all working. Please see the attached screenshot.
Got it, Thanks Alex.
ok, now I know where my confusion comes from. The ‘yellow’ marker by itself on the top right next to Cambodia is a guesthouse called Buddhaview. So the marker color is correct and the link is correct when clicking on the bubble.
BUT, it doesn’t disappear when unselecting guesthouses under accommodation, it disappears when unselecting restaurants under eateries.
thanks for this. A bit of confusion there before. I removed the widgets and added the GD Map in the archive and search pages. Those seem to be working ok now.
The problem with the category filter on the directory maps we use on the WP pages isn’t solved though. Can we look into this?
I added a GD Map widget and used the following settings as seen in the screenshot for the places and event pages, as well as for the search results pages.
I have never touched or edited the original GD Archive template. See screenshot. I do have 2 seperate GD Archive Item pages, one for places and 1 for events.
You mean edit the archive item page and add the map there?
Hi Alex, that doesn’t seem to make a difference. Also noticed that all_posts=false is used in the maps. The map on the home page is created with a shortcode. The map on the places page is with the map widget. I will change that to shortcode as well so I can troubleshoot both the same way.
Selection and deselecting the categories gives strange results as you can see in the screenshot. This was taken while the all_posts parameter was removed from the shortcode.
I will move this to a new topic on the invoicing website. FYI, I transferred the site from Bluehost to Siteground and it seems to kinda break the database, although on the front-end everything seems to be working fine. I just figured it out now after a few weeks as I noticed all users have their role set to None instead of Subscriber. I will open a ticket as mentioned earlier.
When I click on Users and then click on the link to their invoices, I get the following message:
You need a higher level of permission.
Sorry, you are not allowed to edit posts in this post type.