1280 Genesis Theme Welcome Widget

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Guust 8 years, 5 months ago.

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket
  • Author

janine dodge
    Expired Member

Hi guys,

I have the 1280 Genesis Child Theme and have no idea where to change the “Hello World” Welcome Widget on the Homepage. Please help. Thanks.

janine dodge
    Expired Member

I now understand that it’s a post but I don’t want my post to be displayed there since it’ll already be on my sidebar. Any idea on how to remove the center post display? Thanks.

Paolo
    Site Admin

Hi,

what do you want to show instead of the posts? You’ll probably want to use an alternative home page?

Please provide a link, the screenshot attached doesn’t even seem to be related.

Thanks

janine dodge
    Expired Member

Hi Paolo,

I didn’t know I could use a different homepage. Do I find the other homepages under pages in the admin?

Instead of the post I’d like to keep that area empty so that there is less space between the GD Homepage Map and the listings below. Sorry I attached the wrong photo. Here it is again. Thank you for your patience.

~Janine

Guust

To use another homepage than the GD Home page, you just create a normal WP page (with GD widgets or shortcodes if you like) and set that as the homepage at WP Settings > Reading.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket