2 CPTs for one biz?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Guust 7 years, 10 months ago.

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket

Tagged: 

• Author

mstopa
    Buyer

Hello,

I need your assistance in figuring something out.

I have two different types of CPTs that overlap, Eat and Music.

There are restaurants that are also known for the live music they offer. I want to be able to feature them in both CPTs (and also the same two sections in the travel magazine.)

Might there be a way to create two listings for one business, one that focuses on the restaurant aspect and one that focuses on the music? Ideally, I’d like the business to show up in each category on the map — Music and Eat. Change the name slightly?

For instance, there is a restaurant called Square Root that features live music. So the restaurant listing would be Square Root and the music listing would be Music at Square Root? There will also be music events linked to Square Root.

Or is that setting up chaos for my directory and for the users?

Honestly, I’m not trying to make this more complicated. I’m writing an article about the best places to hear music, and realized that several of the businesses that are known for live music would most logically be listed in the restaurant category, and therefore not on the map with the rest of the music venues. I can’t think of a way to do this with tags that would show the restaurant on the music map.

Appreciate your guidance!

Many thanks!

Marsha

Guust

Hi Marsha, this might just be what you are looking for: https://wpgeodirectory.com/docs/linking-custom-post-types/

mstopa
    Buyer

Woo hoo!

That could do it.

Thanks so much for directing me.

Much appreciated.

Thanks!

Marsha

Guust

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket