2 login pages

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Guust 4 years, 11 months ago.

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket
  • Author

tinamama
    Expired Member

I’m sure the answer to this is quite simple, but I’m confused…I want to put a link to the login page in my main navigation and I have 2 login pages: one that appears to be the regular WP login page, I assume, and one that has the url of gd-login, which I assume was made by the UsersWP plugin which I installed. Although, since it named it gd-login, perhaps not? Since UsersWP is not a GD plugin? I’m confused…I have installed so many things and have been sorting through so much info, I’m getting things mixed up.

Can someone help me understand this and what to do with 2 login pages? Which am I supposed to use? I assume the gd-login? Then do I just ignore the other or is it safe to delete? I just don’t want to break something because I’m unsure of which is which…

tinamama
    Expired Member

Ok, another weird thing…the gd-login page is blank: https://homeschoolrealm.com/wordpress/gd-login/

Maybe I’m supposed to set it up? I’m sorry to keep asking questions…I do go through the documentation but I am not finding what I need and it’s just all so overwhelming trying to find things.

tinamama
    Expired Member

I see that my regular login page has this shortcode: [uwp_login] so now I’m thinking that maybe its the gd-login page that is duplicate and should be deleted…since it’s blank and the regular one actually works: https://homeschoolrealm.com/wordpress/login/

But why was the gd-login page created in the first place? I just don’t want to mess anything up.

Guust

The “gd-login” page is a leftover from your V1 setup. It is not used in V2 and can be deleted.

You should use the UsersWP links in your menu, see image.

Let us know how you went.

tinamama
    Expired Member

I swear I responded to this…no idea what happened to it.

THANK YOU!! This was extremely helpful! I feel so much better knowing what the heck that extra one was from and deleted it feeling confident that I didn’t need it.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Problem solved! 🙂

Guust

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket