4 questions. Scroll bar on map bubble. Editing Field Types. Search Shortcode.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Alex Rollin 4 years, 3 months ago.

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket
  • Author

Emily Moose

1) The vertical scroll bar in the location map bubble (popup) does not appear in google chrome. It does show in firefox. Can I force it to display in Chrome as well?
    https://agreenerworld.org/directory/

2) Is it possible to change a custom field type after locations are already assigned to a field, and keep the location assigned to that field? For example, if in the future someone wanted to re-name our field type “Chicken” to “Organic Chicken”, would we lose all previous listing and have to manually re-add “Organic Chicken” to everything? Or do a database find and replace perhaps?

3) Our search results page is incorrectly showing ALL of our listings, instead of the search results. This is true for any type of search, as well as clicking any button on our sidebar linking to a filter type.
    I need the correct shortcode to enter on our search page so that we get only the correct listings when running a search or clicking a sidebar link to a field type (like this https://agreenerworld.org/gd-search-results/?geodir_search=1&stype=gd_place&s=%20&snear&scertification_type%5B0%5D=Grassfed&sgeo_lat&sgeo_lon)
    Our current Search (results) page “GD Search Results”, uses this shortcode: [gd_map width=”100%” height=”600px” maptype=”ROADMAP” zoom=”0″ map_type=”directory” post_settings=”1″ post_type=”gd_place” marker_cluster=”1″ all_posts=’true]
    Please note the shortcode also needs to work with location based search.

4) Is it possible to manually re-order the Post_Category types in the Search? It appears the default is listed in order of listings count per category, correct?

Alex Rollin

1. The scroll works, but you want it to be visible? We will check into a CSS fix for that, thanks for your patience while we look into it.

2. Yes, changing the label will not change the data. If you change the data options, and remove “red” as an option, then you may need to clear that value out of individual listings through import/export, and new listings won’t be able to choose ‘red’

3. Please share WP Admin so we can check the settings. If you don’t want the map to show all posts then remove

all_posts='true'

4. Not at this time because they are ordered using a custom method, as you say, the posts per location.

Emily Moose
    This reply has been marked as private.

Kor

Hi Emily,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please try inserting the custom CSS code below and see if it’s what you’re looking for?

#gd_map_canvas_directory .gm-style .gm-style-iw-c {
        overflow-y: scroll!important;
    }

#gd_map_canvas_directory .gm-style .gm-style-iw>div {
        max-height: 800px !important;
    }

Emily Moose

Thank you, the CSS fix to my #1 question, the map bubble scroll bar in Chrome worked.

That leaves my #3 question, the search results on the map, showing all locations instead of only search results. I haven’t heard back on that one yet.

Thank again for all your help, this is the last issue!

Kor

Hi Emily,

Thanks for your reply. You should consider using the autocompleter https://wpgeodirectory.com/docs-v2/design/gd_search/#gd-search-settings or apply more search filters as explained here https://wpgeodirectory.com/docs-v2/addons/advanced-search/#cpt-settings .

When I search the term “Tallahassee”, it returns this result https://agreenerworld.org/gd-search-results/?geodir_search=1&stype=gd_place&s=Tallahassee&snear=&sgeo_lat=&sgeo_lon= .

Emily Moose

We don’t want to use the autocompleter and we have all the filters we want already. I do not think that’s relevant to my issue.

Yes, the example of searching for “Tallahassee” to get this: https://agreenerworld.org/gd-search-results/?geodir_search=1&stype=gd_place&s=Tallahassee&snear=&sgeo_lat=&sgeo_lon= exemplifies my problem. The search result is correct but only in the gd_loop_layout, not the map. There is one search result, and the map is showing all our listings.

The shortcode we are using on the search results page is:

[gd_map width=”100%” height=”600px” maptype=”ROADMAP” zoom=”0″ map_type=”directory” post_settings=”1″ post_type=”gd_place” marker_cluster=”1″]

Please tell me what I’m doing wrong in the shortcode, thanks.

Alex Rollin

Search archive should use an archive type map like:

Use the shortcode builder to make a new shortcode with

map_type='archive'

Emily Moose

I changed the map type to “archive” with the shortcode. This now correctly shows search results, but, as per the documentation, https://wpgeodirectory.com/docs-v2/design/maps/, it ONLY shows the listings that show in the GD_loop for that page.

We really want to show all the search results at once on the map. This makes much more logical sense so me, enabling users to see all search result locations on the map at once.

I see in the docs, “You can also use all_posts=1 to show ALL posts of the active CPT.” That would seem like what I want. So I added that, but it didn’t do anything at all, apparently.

The current search results page shortcode is: [gd_map width=”100%” height=”600px” maptype=”ROADMAP” zoom=”0″ map_type=”archive” post_settings=”1″ post_type=”gd_place” marker_cluster=”1″ all_posts=”1″]

You guys should still have WP admin access per a previous post above.

Thanks

Naveen Giri

Hi Emily,

I have added patch for it. It will be up in upcoming versions.
    If you need patch now. please provide FTP.

Thanks

Emily Moose

Naveen Giri

Sorry, we don’t keep those kinds of accounts.

I have applied patch with the help of file manager. please have a look.

Thanks

Emily Moose

Emily Moose

Hi,

I have removed the shortcode parameter all_posts=”1″. I believe we got confused here. I thought all_posts=”1″ would show all the search results on the map. I re-read the docs and understand now it shows all listings from our custom post type, which for us simply means all of our posts. So that’s not what I want. And I believe your patch fixed that behavior, which is great, but not what I want.

Thinking about it more, I believe it can work how it is, if I can increase the number of default returned listings if using “gd_loop” from 10 to 50. Is there a way to do that?

Alex Rollin

That is controlled by the “Posts per page” settings for WP in

WP – Settings – Reading – Posts Per page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket