404 error after inquiry

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alex Rollin 6 years, 2 months ago.

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket
  • Author

Patrick Jullien
    Free User

Hi everybody,

i got a problem: If someone makes a request (e-mail inquiry) within a customer entry, it will be delivered correctly. However, after sending the user will be redirected to a 404 error page afterwards. Where can I set where the system will be forwarded after sending the request?

Thanks Patrick

Alex Rollin

Please review your GD Permalink settings. If you are running a directory in more than one city, do select the option to include the full location in the URL. If you make changes, or made changes before, after save, then proceed to WP > Settings > Permalinks to resave your WP Permalinks.

Let us know if that address the issue. If it doesn’t please provide example URLs in a private reply so we can look at the URLs. You can also include WP Admin credentials and the link to your GD Login page so we can examine your settings.

Patrick Jullien
    Free User

Hi,

i found the probem why it doesn

t work but i don

t know how to solve.

After sending he wants to open:
    http://www.heiraten-magazin.de/Relaunch2017/Ort

But the path “Relaunch2017” doesn

t work. This was our installation path for the Relaunch. The live page now runs on heiraten-magazin.de. But i don

t know where i could change the path for deleting “Relaunch2017”

Thanks Patrick

Alex Rollin

Hello,

Check your trash for the page. The URL is reserved until all the posts/cats/tags that used the url are trashed.

Patrick Jullien
    Free User

Hi,
    it seems that this is not the problem. On ftp the installation is still in folder “Relaunch”. Maybe this is the reason? We have put the path of the domain on the relaunch folder.

Thanks Patrick

Patrick Jullien
    Free User

Is it possible to delete the contact form and only show the clients mail adress?

Alex Rollin

Hello,

that is not an out-of-the-box feature, but other members have done a similar mod in the past.

You can check out this post, or do a search for more related topics:

https://wpgeodirectory.com/support/topic/show-email-address-in-map-bubble/

About your WP installation, it is not something we can really help you with as general WP support is outside of the scope of what we do here. If it was me, I would try not to have a folder under the parent folder unless it was part of wordpress. IIRC folders inside the WP folder can reserve/break a url.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket