404 Error. Sometimes?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Guust 7 years, 7 months ago.

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket
  • Author

Michael
    Buyer

My published CPT posts are showing up fine when I am logged in as the administrator, but as soon as I log out, or log in as a different user, the posts are all returning 404 errors. I have a second admin account that returns 404 errors as well, so it’s only one particular admin account that works.

The account that can view the posts was the account that created them all, so that could have something to do with the problem.

It’s not a cache issue. Currently there is no cache plugin running and I get the same problem on a second computer that has never accessed the site before. Go to the site, view a post, 404 error. Log in as the particular admin, everything is fine.

I should note that I recently changed the name of the CPT that all of these posts are using through the CPT plugin, but that wouldn’t explain why it would only work sometimes.

I don’t know how long it has been doing this because I’m typically logged in with the admin account that works. I know that the problem has come up some time in the previous week because I had no problems viewing the site on my phone, I believe 5 days ago, but now getting the same error.

Thanks.

Michael
    Buyer

So I finally give up and ask for help, then 5 minutes later I fix the problem.

Don’t know how it happened, but something got screwy with all the published posts. I went through and changed the status from Published to Pending and then back to Published, that seemed to fix whatever went wrong.

Thanks.

Guust

Thanks for letting us know. You can try re-saving your WP permalinks in cases like that too, but hopefully you will not need it again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket