404 Errors for some listings when viewed on iphone?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Paolo 7 years, 9 months ago.

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket

Tagged: 

• Author

ttkadmin
    Expired Member

Hi – just noticed recently that when you try and look at some of the listings on the iphone (Safari) it comes up with a 404 page not found error, yet when you look at the same listings on a computer it shows up fine, what could be the reason for this please??

(Also, the errors are only showing for a certain type of category).

Thanks

Kor

Hi ttkadmin,

Do you mind sharing the URL of the site in question so we can take a look? You can use the private reply option below. Also, it would be better is you could share temp admin access to your site so we can take a better look. You can post the details here using the private reply option below.

ttkadmin
    Expired Member
    This reply has been marked as private.

Paolo
    Site Admin

Hi,

I just checked your website on both mobile and desktop and I don’t see any problem.

It is also very unlikely that a page that work on desktop return 404 on mobile. Please tell us how to recreate this on your website.

Let us know,

Thanks

ttkadmin
    Expired Member

Hi – yes I thought it was a odd that it would work on desktop but not phone which is why I raised the issue.

I’ve tried restarting my phone and have tried it on other iphones and there’s definitely an issue, the 404 error appears for some listings in the category ‘Key Family Attractions’. Some examples include: Dinosaur World, Cockington Green Gardens, Denmark Dinosaur World, Underwater World Sea Life Mooloolaba?

Thanks

Stiofan O’Connor
    Site Admin

Hi,

This is nothing related to mobile at all, the problem is some of the listings have been imported with no or wrong “post_status” the reason you can probably seem them is you are the author, but on mobile i guess ur not logged in. Please export ur listings and make sure the “post_status” is correct for all (should be: publish ) and then re import them to update.

Thanks,

Stiofan

ttkadmin
    Expired Member

Hi – thanks for identifying the problem.

Just another question though – I thought that if a place listing wasn’t published then it would show in the ‘draft’ tab on the Places page? The listings that I was having the issues with were showing in the ‘published’ tab and not the ‘draft’ tab so is there a way to quickly check which listings are still not publicly showing (without having to export them all)?

Cheers

Paolo
    Site Admin

Hi,

the problem in this case is that it wasn’t a draft either. The blank post_status was crating the problem.

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket