PaoloSite AdminPost count: 31205
GeoDirectory V2 will integrate the GD dashboard add-on and it will show a control panel in the main page of the GeoDirectory options page.
What data would you like to see in there? We were thinking to add data that is useful for the day to day operation of the directory, like number of daily new users, listings, reviews, listing claims and revenues. Totals (again users, listings, reviews, listing claims and revenues).
Other than this, what other data would it be useful in your opinion?
Thanks for letting us know your preference!
Alex RollinModeratorPost count: 27815
GD_Dash Shortcode to Share Totals with Site Visitors
The new Dashboard sounds great! Here are some of the stats I have seen mentioned as desireable.
About the counts:
Listings – Count Total (by CPT, all)
Listing – Category Total (CPT+CatID)
Listings – Period (day, week, month)
Users – Total
Users – Period (day, week, month)
Pageviews – Count Total (CPT, all)
Pageviews – Period (day, week, month)
Claimed – Count Total (CPT, ALL)
Claimed Category – Count Total (CPT+CatID)
Reviews – Count Total (CPT, ALL)
Review – Period (day, week, month)
Revenue – Count Total
Revenue – Period (day, week, month, year)
About using the stats, a “gd_dash” shortcode that would show each of those numbers individually would be great when used with ‘GD Features”. I could simply output a number and leave the styling to the site owner.
The shortcode could be used multiple times with features to show an icon and some text around the number. An example of what a site owner might put on their homepage:
[Restauarants ICON] <h3>Restaurants</h3> <p>[gd_dash total_cat_by_id="99"] restaurant listings</p>
Himadri GoswamiExpired MemberPost count: 86
We are still in complete dark regarding V2. Expecting updates since DECEMBER
DirkFull MemberPost count: 390
– I like to the an overview about the locations and with the location manager also an overview about location without places (or within the Tool area).
– Recently added places and CPTs
– Recently registered users
– Recent listing claims
– Upcoming expiring subscriptions
– Most used search phrases
Maybe later some more if you want
Jason GillespieExpired MemberPost count: 78
Awesome post, the most important aspect of the dashboard to me would be speed. Use as mininmal amount of resources as possible. If I need any kind of analytics I will log into my Google account. Add minimal amount of data to dash . Just enough to get people by. That’s my 2 cent 🙂
I think Alex has it covered with:
About the counts:
• Listings – Count Total (by CPT, all)
• Listing – Category Total (CPT+CatID)
• Listings – Period (day, week, month)
• Users – Total
• Users – Period (day, week, month)
• Pageviews – Count Total (CPT, all)
• Pageviews – Period (day, week, month)
• Claimed – Count Total (CPT, ALL)
• Claimed Category – Count Total (CPT+CatID)
• Reviews – Count Total (CPT, ALL)
• Review – Period (day, week, month)
• Revenue – Count Total
• Revenue – Period (day, week, month, year)
* Upcoming expiring subscriptions is a great idea mentioned above.
Awesome that you guys are always making Geodirectory better!
FosterFull MemberPost count: 164
I would also like to see some statistics for Advanced Search if possible such as:
Recently searched terms
Recently searched locations
Popular search terms
Popular searched locations (which is different from Popular Locations)
The topic ‘GD Dashboard, what data would you’ like to see?’ is closed to new replies, this may be for inactivity, please open a new topic if you have a similar question.