Tagged: payments process
January 4, 2019 at 6:53 pm #461550
I need some help understanding what all happens related to submitting a paid listing, or claiming an existing listing and paying for it.
Here’s our situation:
1. We’re adding a bunch of listings ourselves.
2. Users can add a new listing, but can only select the one paid package and need to pay for it via PayPal as part of the submission process.
3. Users can claim listings, but have to take the paid package and pay for it via PayPal when claiming a listing.
Here’s what I want to confirm:
1. When the user submits the listing and goes to the payment page (step 3), but does not complete payment, I believe the listing will be in “pending payment” status, right? Will the user then have a way to come back and complete the payment? If so, where will that option be? If the user then completes payment, will the listing automatically go “live” or does admin have to take any steps to make it go live, assuming we don’t have moderation enabled?
2. If we do have moderation enabled for new listings, the user submits a new listing and pays for it, which steps do admin have to take to review the listing and make it go “live”? If admin reviews the listing and wants to reject it, how does admin do that and refund payment?
3. If a user claims a listing and we manually review and approve listing claims, does the listing claimant make payment after approval? If so, how do they know how to do it?
Is there a single resource that you can point me to, that explains all of this stuff, what happens automatically, and what admin needs to do manually?
Thanks so much!
JohnJanuary 4, 2019 at 11:04 pm #461583January 7, 2019 at 3:47 pm #461975January 7, 2019 at 8:03 pm #462034
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.