Social Importer for FB – FB API Access Issue
This topic contains 119 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by Guust 3 years, 11 months ago.
Tagged: Social importer facebook Events
April 12, 2018 at 8:50 am #426211
Facebook has made significant changes to their policies and procedures related to the use of the Facebook Platform Developers APIs.
Symptoms of the Changes to the FB Platform
Due to the changes, new and existing Facebook Apps linked to the Social Importer Addon may be experiencing one of the following issues:
- Something went wrong (100) – This page/event may not be public
- Cannot authorize app (104) – New external application not allowed to connect to the Facebook platform
- Unable to read from API (200) – Authorized application cannot read data from Facebook platform
- Invalid Scopes: publish_actions, rsvp_event – New application, trying to import event
- Missing Data – Active applications not gathering the same/complete data (missing data)
These issues are outside the scope of the Addon itself, as the symptoms above are the result of Facebook platform blocking data access to the FB App. The FB App must be ‘working’ before the Addon can make a successful interface with the FB App.
What has changed:
All FB Applications making use of more than ‘public_profile’ and ’email’ must be submitted for review. The FB App settings required for Social Importer make use of additional permissions, and so the FB Apps must be submitted for review. This applies to existing and new apps.
Currently we are waiting for FB Review of an existing app. The app settings have been adjusted and the app has been submitted for review. Once more information is available an updated will be posted here, and the Addon documentation will be updated.
In this thread:
Subscribe to this thread to receive automatic updates by email about the issue. If you do proceed to submit your app for review, please do share your experience here.
– First app submitted for review
– FB Platform Issue Resolved
– FB Announcement of Review Process
Facebook App Review Documentation
– Facebook has made available new documents related to the new Review Process. These documents and the review process change often. The official link to the Review Process and the Guide is:
Social Importer Addon Documentation
– Documentation will be updated once more information is available
– https://wpgeodirectory.com/docs/social-importer-addon/#201803April 13, 2018 at 2:39 pm #426454April 26, 2018 at 6:39 am #428049
SpanuExpired MemberPost count: 76April 26, 2018 at 7:02 am #428052
KorModeratorPost count: 16516May 2, 2018 at 5:58 pm #428831May 3, 2018 at 8:11 pm #429003May 3, 2018 at 9:33 pm #429019May 3, 2018 at 9:49 pm #429026
Timothy SullivanFull MemberPost count: 63May 3, 2018 at 9:58 pm #429027May 4, 2018 at 1:17 am #429042May 4, 2018 at 1:31 am #429043May 4, 2018 at 2:03 am #429045May 4, 2018 at 8:36 am #429067
Stiofan O’ConnorSite AdminPost count: 22956May 11, 2018 at 2:42 am #430014
Tigue BurgessExpired MemberPost count: 2May 11, 2018 at 10:15 am #430059
chordwiseFull MemberPost count: 13