December 7, 2018 at 1:37 pm #457485
While importing multiple countries data, GD changed some countries to my home country, not all, just portion (about 10%). I have checked my CSV file and confirm CSV file without problem. Please advise
I will attached screen shots in next comment as private.
Need help please!
SamDecember 7, 2018 at 1:39 pm #457486December 7, 2018 at 3:03 pm #457513
Could you please reply with an extract of sample data so we could check that on our test site?
Confirming this is for V1?
If we find an issue we would need WP Admin and FTP for your site to make a fix.
You can include all of that in a private reply so we can look into the issue.December 8, 2018 at 7:55 am #457633December 8, 2018 at 8:27 am #457634December 8, 2018 at 8:51 am #457637
Records for Gambia for V1 should be imported to “The Gambia”. They were set to Australia because “Gambia” didn’t have a match. We are taking a look at this chabge we made. In V1 it is The Gambia and v2 it is Gambia in the country definition file. Looks like it will be changed back to The Gambia in V2 as that is hownit is known in most records.December 8, 2018 at 9:22 am #457639
I would say to leave it as source file woukd be better approach than changing it to default country. At this it is closeer. Besides, the markers on map is defined by coordinate rather than country. There is no point force to change anyway.
Now the question is how to correct the wrong ones. If i use sql statement to change all. Will meta/seo link change accordingly?
SamDecember 8, 2018 at 9:24 am #457640
One more thing. The wrong ones are not just for Gambia, it is also for Congo. According to your reply, it is simplly the same issue.
I don’t mind to change the country name in source fike and load again. But i need to know your country mapping data. It seems to be the geodir-countries table, right?December 8, 2018 at 10:49 am #457644December 8, 2018 at 12:00 pm #457647
It is already in database. I just need to cross check when preparing source data by updating country to match yours.
Still, I do prefer GD to keep source file country name if it doesn’t match your country name. I could not see any need to force to change to default country as it is not used in map marking anyway.
Thanks for your assistance.
Attachments:December 10, 2018 at 10:13 am #457832December 10, 2018 at 10:58 am #457842
KiranModeratorPost count: 3743
If you are using GeoDirectory v1.6.x then please use country name provided (just after id) here https://github.com/GeoDirectory/geodirectory/blob/master/geodirectory-admin/admin_db_install.php#L156
Or you can match with Country column in _geodir_countires database table.
– for Congo (ISO2 CD) use “Congo, Democratic Republic of the”
– for Congo (ISO2 CG) use “Congo, Republic of the”
– for Gambia (ISO2 GM) use “The Gambia”
– for Reunion Island (ISO2 RE) use “Reunion”
You should excat match country name.
The topic ‘Strange Bug messing up countries’ is closed to new replies, this may be for inactivity, please open a new topic if you have a similar question.