500 Internal Server Error when attempting to delete Tags after Import

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kiran 5 years, 4 months ago.

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket
  • Author

Larry Swanson
    Expired Member

After doing a large import of 14,000+ listings from another directory into GEO I am getting Errors when attempting to delete Tags.

Error Received:
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

I did the upload in 4 separate upload files, I pushed the 2 MB file limit.
    I had to turn off Location Data for post type to take my CSV file, I chose to make the post_tag the first field so as not to have to hand delete 14,000 fields of data, and figured I could just delete the Category Tags from the Admin.
    ———————-
    Sample of SCV input file

post_tags,post_title,post_content,geodir_website,post_category,post_author,geodir_email,post_type,post_status
    “11571”,”Title”,”Description”,”http://www.site.com”,”Salons”,Author,”admin@mysite.com”,gd_website,publish
    Select 2- Bulk Actions- Delete- Apply: Works, takes about 1 minute
    Select 3- Bulk Actions- Delete- Apply: Error, Refresh Tag Page, 3 of 3 deleted, takes about 3 minutes.
    Select 4- Bulk Actions- Delete- Apply: Error, Refresh, 3 of 4 deleted, 3 minutes
    Select 5- Bulk Actions- Delete- Apply: Error, Refresh, 3 of 5 deleted.
    Select 100- B A- Del- Apply: Error, Refresh, 3 of 100 deleted.

I created 5 tags directly from Tag admin,
    **Select 5- Bulk Actions- Delete- Apply: Successful, all 5 deleted no error.**

Select 5 of the imported- BA- Del- Apply: Error, 3 of 5 deleted

I have confirmed this on a completely different internet network, conditions are the same.

Could you also tell me where the Tags are in the Data Base.
    I need to be able to dump the Tags ASAP, 13,000+
    —————————————–

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I attached your login to the Development server where this is being encountered.

Alex Rollin

Hello,

Usually with an import you would download the sample CSV from the GD – Import / Export settings and then match your data to that format.

You can find a help doc for import here:

https://wpgeodirectory.com/docs/core-export/#import-cats

We do not provide instructions for working with the databases because we provide an import/export function within GeoDirectory.

Larry Swanson
    Expired Member
    This reply has been marked as private.

Alex Rollin

GeoDirectory does not have a feature for deleting tags in bulk except through the plugins import export functionality.

You would downlad the listings in CSV, remove the tags, then reupload the CSV.

Larry Swanson
    Expired Member

So your saying the Bulk Delete in the Tags page is not designed to delete Tags in Bulk?
    So once I import tags I can not delete them?
    I can delete Manually created Tags in Bulk, but not imported tags in bulk?
    So even if I create a new import file and manually delete the 14,000 tags from my CSV file I am stuck with the 13000 tags already in there?
    At the rate of being able to only delete 3 at a time from the Tags Page it would take me 216 hours to delete them… thats 9 days at 24 hours a day straight. are you kidding me?
    So what do I do now that I have 13000+tags in my data base?
    Can you tell me where the tags are listed in my database so I can dump it?

Kor

Hi Larry,

As mentioned by Alex, you would need downlad the listings in CSV, remove the tags, then reupload the CSV.

Thanks

Larry Swanson
    Expired Member

Hi Kor,
    Will this delete the Tags already in my database?
    Thanks

Kor

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your reply. Everytime you re-upload the CSV, it will overwrite the data in your database. Also, if you have a huge database, always backup before you import any data.

Thanks!

Stiofan O’Connor
    Site Admin

Hi Larry,

Can you clarify one thing, are u trying to use the standard WP bulk delete tags feature?
    If so i’m guessing its just timing out as there is lots of things it does when deleting a tag.

Can you provide wp-admin and i’ll check a few things?

Thanks,

Stiofan

Larry Swanson
    Expired Member

Hi Stiofan,
    I am using the standard delete, as you can see I was able to delete manually entered tags but the issue happens with imported tags.
    I just dont see how if, down the road I wanted to delete some tags, that I would have to go through a massive database download, edit, and upload, to remove tags, that is not a good option, and my database isn’t even near complete at 14,000 entries.

You have access with the above credentials

Thanks

Stiofan O’Connor
    Site Admin

I changed 1 setting, can you check if it made a difference at all?
    I didn’t want to start deleting tags not knowing what ones you are trying to delete or not (all of them?)

Thanks,

Stiofan

Larry Swanson
    Expired Member

Still same result. You can delete whatever you need in the tags.
    Deletes 3 then times out in error.
    I am working on building a new import file.

Stiofan O’Connor
    Site Admin

Can you provide FTP access also please?

Stiofan

Larry Swanson
    Expired Member
    This reply has been marked as private.

Larry Swanson
    Expired Member

Any findings on this?
    I did find that after I removed the Tags from CSV and imported again that some of the Tags detached from the listing and was able to delete them in bulk.
    I also found that if you have Tags limited and set to Zero in the Prices section it was interfering, so in essence had imported a CSV with Tags assigned but the Post type did not allow Tags yet assigned them anyways but after the upload the posting had a Tag but was not allowed to have a tag, so not sure if this is somehow behind the miss-relationship between the Tags and the Post.
    After changing the Tags limit to 1 and re uploading the CSV with Tags removed, not all Tag were detached from the listings. Still have thousands of Tags I cannot delete.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket