I want to start off all locations at 5 star. Would I need to create a user and have them do a review for each location or can I do it manually through the back end?
Thanks for your post. A rating/review can only be added through a user account. Yes, you’ll need to create a user and manually give your listings a rating.
You can import reviews:
GD > Settings > Import/Export > Reviews
I have uploaded a csv and get post type missing. I downloaded the sample csv and just changed the data. I did not delete any columns. I have searched the forum but I do not see post types in my GD settings like is shown in those answers. I have not changed any of the codes. Is there a standard post type for reviews that I need to add to the csv?
Thanks for your reply. Could you please share your CSV file here so that we could check on it? Also, share your Website WP admin access here in private reply so that we could check on it.
Thanks!This reply has been marked as private.
All I am trying to do here is make it so on the main directory page the 5 stars show filled in and not empty. If it could default to that it would be perfect. I could really care less if there is a review. If there is an easier way to accomplish this please let me know.
Alex RollinModeratorPost count: 21448
1. The CSV file is not ready for import. Try our recommended process here: https://wpgeodirectory.com/docs-v2/geodirectory/settings/import-export/#recommended
In summary, add a listing and fill in everything. Then export that listing, and merge your data into the new file that is exported. Leave ID blank for new listings.
2. The only thing we can help with right now about that is to hide the stars when there are no reviews. Would that help? If so share a link to the page where you want to hide them.
1. I have uploaded a picture of the csv. AS I said it is the exact copy of your example on the page I just changed the info.
I also exported my places but there is no post_type column so maybe that is the problem.
2. This is the page – https://www.tattooloversshop.com/places/
1. That is only an example. To get the correct format for your site, you should export first from your site.
2. You can import reviews. Have a look on the import/export page.
If we need to check anything, then share your Website WP admin access here in private reply so that we could check on it.
I don’t have any reviews to export so I have no idea what format to put the csv in if the sample one isn’t correct.
I also cant even find how to leave a review from the actual site so I can place one that I could then export.
Thanks for your reply. Could you please share your Website WP admin access here in private reply so that we could check on it?This reply has been marked as private.This reply has been marked as private.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.