- Your directory can use the Google Analytics addon to allow users or visitors to see statistics about the listings on your site.
- You can also add analytics on any other page of your site.
- Listing analytics can be shown to:
- User/owner of the listing only (and administrators)
- Site administrator only
- All logged in users
- All visitors, logged in or not.
Check to be sure you have the following plugins installed before you get started.
- Login to Google Analytics
- In the Google Analytics site, create an account and project for your site, if you don’t already have one.
- Now open the GD Addon settings at GeoDirectory > Settings > Google Analytics tab.
- Choose whether or not to show analytics to selected users:
- Click the Authorize button to connect your site to Google Analytics; a popup will open:
- Click Allow.
- That will generate a special code:
- Copy that code and paste it in the Google analytics Auth Code field:
- Now Save.
- This will populate the Analytics Account field with the sites set up in your Analytics account:
- Select the correct website profile and Save.
- Click on Show Advanced to see more settings.
- Explanations are provided with the settings.
GD > Google Analytics
Add the GD > Google Analytics Widget to the sidebar that shows on your Listing Detail page to share analytics.
If you only want to show Analytics to listing owners and only on the Listing Detail page, try the following settings.
This shortcode can be used on the Detail page template.
Get support on our forum, fnd out more here: https://wpgeodirectory.com/docs-v2/v2/support/
I don’t have a Google Analytics account. Can I use this?
You will need to setup an account here: https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/