You can extend your site by adding any of the Addons.
Once you have purchased a license you can find all the files and licenses for your Addons in the “My Account” section of the site here: https://wpgeodirectory.com/your-account/.
- Purchase a license or membership to access the plugin.
- Login to your account on this site, and find the plugin you want to add.
- Click on the name of the plugin to download the ZIP file to your computer.
- Log in to the WordPress Admin area of your site.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New > and click on Upload.
- Browse for the plugin ZIP file on your computer.
- Click install.
- Wait for the upload to complete.
- Click to Activate the new plugin.
As soon the plugin is activated, you will be taken to the Settings page of the new plugin. You can adjust the settings now, or return to the same screen to continue with setup later.
Automatic updates of Addons and Payment Gateways are handled through the WP Easy Updates plugin. Install the plugin and add your license to enable automatic updates.
- Download, install, and activate WP Easy Updates.
- Visit your account to retrieve license keys: https://wpgeodirectory.com/your-account/
- Refresh the plugins page to see the License link next to each plugin.
- Click on the green text that says Licence and add your licence key.
- Click on Activate
- Once the license is activated, the plugin will now display information about updates when available, plus a link to automatically update the plugin.
WP Easy Updates should be network activated, Updates can happen on any site where your user is both admin and network admin.
GeoDirectory core and addons Cannot be network activated, and must be licensed on each site.
WPI core and addons Cannot be network activated, and licenses must be installed on each site.
UWP core and addons Can be network activated, and must be licensed on each site.
Once you have installed the GD plugins on your site, they will show up on the plugins page.
Install WP Easy Updates to license your addons and receive automatic updates. This is what the plugin looks like when it is just installed, and before WP Easy Updates has been installed.
And after WP Easy Updates is installed and activate the license field is visible.
Click the license link to view the license field, enter your license, and click submit.
Once the license is activated you will receive an alert confirmation.
After the confirmation, when the license is properly installed, the license link turns green, and updates will be made available.
If you have already activated WP Easy Updates and the license links on the GD Addons are not visible, please see this page for more information about next steps: https://wpgeodirectory.com/docs-v2/faq/troubleshooting/#missing
WordPress has a built-in feature to install themes and plugins by supplying a zip file. However, this only works for the original install of the plugin. It is not possible to upgrade a theme or plugin using the same process. Instead, WordPress will say “destination already exists” when trying to upgrade using a zip file and will fail to upgrade the theme or plugin.
Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades fixes this limitation in WordPress by automatically upgrading the plugin if it already exists.
To perform a manual upgrade of an addon:
- Install and activate Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades
- Download the addon you want to update from https://wpgeodirectory.com/your-account/.
- Visit the plugin page of your site and choose “Add New” and then “Upload Plugin”.
- Find the addon file, and choose “Install”
- Next you should see a confirmation that the plugin will be updated, and in some case an option to backup the older version of the plugin.
In most cases, it is also possible to simply deactivate a plugin, delete it, and upload the new version. Check with the plugin author to find out if the plugin automatically cleans up data on uninstall. GeoDirectory plugins will not remove data or settings on uninstall unless the options are checked under the settings at GeoDirectory – General – Uninstall.
Get support on our forum, fnd out more here: https://wpgeodirectory.com/docs-v2/v2/support/
Why do my automatic updates fail?
If you purchased a new subscription after your old one expired, your keys will have changed.
Get your license key from https://wpgeodirectory.com/your-account/.
Carefully copy and paste into the appropriate license field.
Page Cache Issue
If you copied and pasted the key, but the update still fails, try:
1. Deactivate the key
2. Refresh the plugin page
3. Copy and paste the key again, then Activate
4. After activation, refresh the page again and try the update.
You can also try a manual update.
Review Setup of Automatic Updates
Find the setup guide for autoupdates here: https://wpgeodirectory.com/docs/installing-addons/#updates
Double Check Licensing and Membership
Make sure your licenses are added at WordPress > Installed Plugins and that your membership is active.
It may be that you are working on your site on a staging site at a new URL, or you have a new SSL cert. In either case, your updates may fail because you license keys are on anew URL.
To fix the issue, simply deactivate and then reactivate your license keys with these steps:
- Visit the plugins page on your site.
- Click on the license link.
- Copy the key to your clipboard.
- Click deactivate, and then click on the deactivation confirmation.
- Click on license again and paste the key.
- Click activate, and then click on the activation confirmation.
- Repeat for each plugin, and when finished refresh the page.
- Click on the automatic update links for each plugin to update them.
I have a single site license. Why is my update failing?
If you have a single site license, then whenever your site domain changes you will need to update the license for each plugin. For example, you might have been working on a development site at one URL, and now you have moved the site to a new URL. Follow these steps to deactivate the license at the old URL and activate the license at the new URL.
Update single site license when the old site is still active
- Visit the old site at the old URL.
- Visit the old site plugin page.
- Find the addon license and click “Deactivate”.
- Visit the new site at the new URL and go to the plugins page.
- Find the addon license and paste your license code, then press Activate.
Update Single site license when the old site has been decommissioned or is otherwise not available.
It may be that you started working on a site, then changed the URL or deleted or otherwise decommissioned the site. In this case, follow these steps:
- Visit https://wpgeodirectory.com/your-account/purchase-history/
- Select “View Licences” for the product.
- Select “Manage Sites”
- Select the sites where you want to deactivate the license.
I don’t see the license information on the plugins page. What do I do?
First of all, make sure you have WP Easy Updates installed. If it has been installed and activated, make sure to refresh the page. You should see the license links for each GD Addon.
If you have done that, and the license field is still not visible, then you can use the “Missing License Fields” instructions below to make the license fields visible.