Memberships and Support
The best option is to become a paid member which is $199/year, with membership you will get access to all of our premium plugins and themes and any new ones we create while you are a member, you also will have full access to our support forums. If you do not renew your membership after one year then you will lose access to the premium support forums and to any updates of addons however you can continue to use the ones you have even without a membership. Add-ons can also be bought individually if required.
Yes, please see this page for our basic instillation guide: https://wpgeodirectory.com/docs/basic-installation/
Review Setup of Automatic Updates
Find the setup guide for autoupdates here: https://wpgeodirectory.com/docs/installing-addons/#updates
Double Check Licensing and Membership
Make sure your licenses are added at WordPress > Installed Plugins and that your membership is active.
Update Licenses when Changing Site URL
Whenever your site domain changes you will need to update the license for each plugin. This involves removing the license key, refreshing the page, and then re-adding the license key. This process is required for example when changing the URL/domain of a site, adding WWW, or moving from staging.mysite.com to www.mysite.com. The licenses must be de-activated and re-activated for the new domain; in the meantime updates will be seen as unauthorized and denied.
When your WordPress dashboard tells you that a GD plugin needs to be updated, best practice would be to follow these steps:
Only update your core GD plugin if you are able to update all your GD addons: GD is only guaranteed to work with the latest version of both core and addons, a mismatch of versions is very likely to lead to problems!
- Create a backup of all your files and database, for example copy all your website files using your FTP client like FileZilla and backup your database from your control panel.
There are different ways to create backups, just make sure you know how to revert.
(If you use cPanel, you can create a full backup with a single click)
- Then update the GD core plugin only. There is no need to de-activate first.
- Then update all the other GD plugins.
- Have a check of your public site and if you see any problems, go to your WP admin area > GeoDirectory > GD Tools, and run your database checks.
- The version of OpenSSL on your server needs to be at least 1.0 or you will not be able to update from your WP admin area. If updates are not working, get your host to check the OpenSSL version and update if required.
If your OpenSSL version is older than that, you can update your addons using FTP only.
Setup Automatic Updates with WP Easy Updates
See the guide here: https://wpgeodirectory.com/docs/installing-addons/#updates
To review the changelog of a GD addon or theme, navigate to the GD addons or GD themes page, click on the addon or theme you want to check, and append ?changelog=1 to the URL.
For example the changelog for the GD Framework is at
and the changelog for the Location Manager is at
The changelog for the core plugin is at https://wpgeodirectory.com/change-logs/#v1.6.6