You can find translated language files at the GeoDirectory language project pages.
To explain the process, let’s add Italian to a multi-lingual GD site. The process for a single language site is the same.
- Navigate to the GeoDirectory language project pages.
- Select the language of your choice (or choose the part of GD (core or addon) you want to translate).
- For the example, we selected Italian:
- Select the language file you want, in this example we are looking for the GD core language file in Italian:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and Export the file (accept the defaults so you download the whole PO file):
- Save in the right folder, refer to Translate Core or Translating Addons for the correct folder.
Depending on your localization, you might have to change the file extension, for example from -it to -it_IT.
- Create the MO file using PoEdit or download from the same page where you downloaded the PO file:
- Check on your site and fix any translations, refer to Translate Core.