Translating Custom Post Types names
- If you only want to translate your CPT names (like Place and Places), follow the instructions here. Only the Multilingual Blog plugin is required then.
- But if you also want to translate the CPT slugs, you will need to keep reading below.
Translating Custom Post Types slugs
- Translate your CPT names (like Place and Places) as explained above.
- To translate your CPT slugs (like /places/ or /events/ etc), you will need WPML’s String Translation plugin, and the Translation Management plugin which are part of the Multilingual CMS plugin.
- Once the String Translation and Translation Management plugins are activated, go to WPML > Translation Management, and select the Multilingual Content Setup tab. and then select Custom posts slug translation options:
- Select and save Translate custom posts slugs (via WPML String Translation):
- Now scroll down the page to Custom posts, and select the CPTs to translate and add your translations before saving: