This page is a work in progress …
When you install the Location Manager Addon, you’ll find a number of new GD widgets in the appearance section of your WP admin area.
|Widget name||Can be used on these pages:|
|GD > Location Description|
|GD > Popular Location|
- For each location (city or town), you can add custom content for both the meta description and on-page content.
- Navigate to GeoDirectory > Multilocations > Manage Location and filter for the location.
- Then choose edit:
- Towards the bottom of the editing page, you will find City Meta and City Description fields.
Enter your data (you can use HTML in the City Description field):
- The City Meta data will now be added to the source of the relevant location page:
- To add the City Description to the page, add the GD > Location Description widget to any widget area of the Home (Location) sections.
You can use %location% in the title, that will adjust to the location name:
- This is how it will show on the location page (The widget will only show on location pages that have custom data added):
- For regions and countries, you will find the Meta Description and Location Description fields at the SEO Settings tab:
- This widget will add a list of links to locations on your pages.
- Look in the sidebar of this demo page for an example.
- Title: Leave blank if you do not want a heading
- Number of locations: By default all locations will be displayed, unless you add a number here.
- Don’t filter for current location: by default, the widget will only display links to locations within the selected country or region. Ticking this option will display popular locations outside the selected country or region too.